Monday, December 8, 2008

My Bio

First and last name:

Jeannine Malm

Hometown:

Littleton, CO

Major(s):

Chemistry

Favorite class:

Chemistry Lab

Background:

I was born in Wisconsin and moved to Colorado when I was five. Throughout my life, I always remember election days and how it was a big deal in my family. In high school I became heavily involved in politics and started a club in my high school to get high school students involved in the political process. I have spent many hours working on campaigns for a myriad of candidates. I spent my first two years of college at a small university in South Carolina. While in South Carolina, I participated in intercollegiate debates and was very successful. After two years, I was ready for a change and some new opportunities, so I moved back to Colorado and applied at Metro State. Since starting Metro State this semester, I have been elected to the Student Government Assembly Senate.

Favorite quote:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” - President Ronald Reagan

Why I am excited about being part of “The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State”:

I am excited about being part of “The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State” because of the opportunities that this program has to offer. I will have networking opportunities in which I otherwise would never have. I will meet professionals around the Denver area in which I can learn from and be able to make a difference in the community. I will also be able to improve my presentation skills and team participation skills.

Why I should win "The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State":

I should win “The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State” because I have the knowledge and understanding as to what it takes to be successful at projects. I am organized and know how to manage time. I have held leadership roles and have been very successful with challenges in the past. I am not afraid of hard work and will do whatever it takes to finish the job well. I know what it takes to be a winner.

No comments: